The Magnolia Athletics Department gave out its year-end sports awards, with two seniors earning the prestigious outstanding male and female athletes of the year awards.
Clara Beth Souter was recognized at the 2020-21 MHS Outstanding Female Athlete of the Year, while Ja’Kamron Zachery received the Male Athlete of the Year honor.
Other top athletes receiving Most Valuable Player awards included the following:
• Cross Country – Top runners Thomas Campos (male) and Ruth Rivera (female).
• Basketball (girls) – Kelcy Lamkin (offensive) and Satiya Rone (defensive).
• Basketball (boys) – Derrian Ford (offensive and defensive).
• Tennis – Jake Nielson (male) and Angie Saldana (female).
• Football – Co-offensive, Dalen Blanchard and Garrion Curry; Kendrick Carey, defensive.
• Swim – Harrison McWilliams (male) and Natalie Boyd (female).
• Dive – Tanner Edwards (male) and Caleigh Conley (female).
• Golf – Kade Kuykendall (male) and Megan Lindsey (female).
• Volleyball – Satiya Rone (offensive) and Hallie Kate May (defensive).
• Baseball – Tanner Neilsen (offensive) and Seth Edwards (defensive)
• Softball Offensive-Clara Beth Souter Defensive-Hannah McWilliams
• Track (girls) – Kaleigha Fielstra (thrower) and Tylaa Berry (runner).
• Track (boys) – Ja’Kamron Zachery (thrower) and Garrion Curry (runner).