Today's Paper Obits Latest News Local News Photo Galleries Sports Newsletters Viewpoints Lifestyle Weather Jobs
story.lead_photo.caption A June 23, 2019, Banner-News file photo shows storm damage in Magnolia after a batch of harsh summer storms. - Photo by J.D. Bailey

Arkansas agricultural producers who lost property due to recent natural disasters may be eligible for U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) physical loss loans.

The Farm Service Agency (FSA) offers these low-interest loans to agricultural producers in Baxter, Benton, Clark, Crawford, Franklin, Hempstead, Howard, Johnson, Logan, Nevada, Newton, Pike, Scott, and Washington counties, the primary damaged area, who incurred losses due to excessive rain, flash flooding, flooding, high winds and lightning that occurred June 23, 2019, through Aug. 27, 2019.

Approval is limited to applicants who suffered severe physical losses only, including the loss of buildings and livestock. Applications are due May 18, 2020.

“Arkansas’ hardworking ag producers feed our neighbors, the nation and the world,” said State Executive Director David Curtis. “When they suffer losses because of extreme weather, helping them get back on their feet is important. We encourage those affected to reach out to their local USDA Service Center to apply for these emergency loans.”

Producers in the contiguous Arkansas counties of Boone, Carroll, Columbia, Dallas, Fulton, Hot Spring, Izard, Lafayette, Little River, Madison, Marion, Miller, Montgomery, Ouachita, Polk, Pope, Searcy, Sebastian, Sevier, Stone, and Yell, along with Barry, McDonald, and Ozark counties in Missouri and Adair, Delaware, Le Flore, and Sequoyah counties in Oklahoma, are also eligible to apply for emergency loans.

Physical loss loans can help producers repair or replace damaged or destroyed physical property essential to the success of the agricultural operation, including livestock losses. Examples of property commonly affected include essential farm buildings, fixtures to real estate, equipment, livestock, perennial crops, fruit and nut bearing trees, and harvested or stored crops and hay.

For more information on FSA disaster assistance programs or to find your local USDA Service Center visit

Sponsor Content

COMMENTS - It looks like you're using Internet Explorer, which isn't compatible with the Democrat-Gazette commenting system. You can join the discussion by using another browser, like Firefox or Google Chrome.
It looks like you're using Microsoft Edge. The Democrat-Gazette commenting system is more compatible with Firefox and Google Chrome.